The Written Word Podcast Hosted by Turnitin Available Free from the iTunes Store®
Guests discuss writing in the digital age, collaborative writing, and more
These upcoming episodes are available at The Written Word or on iTunes®:
- Episode 3: Writing in the Digital Age - Text abbreviations and limited character counts have a profound impact in online communications. This episode examines how technology has changed writing and what it means to write effectively in the digital age. Special guest: Bryan Alexander, futurist, educator, researcher, writer.
- Episode 4: Collaborative Writing - How has technology changed collaborative writing? This episode investigates collaborative writing and ways technology facilitates shared authorship. Special guest: Helaine Blumenthal, Classroom Program Manager at Wiki Education.
- Episodes 5 and 6: Writing and Reading (a two-part series) - The final two episodes of Season One explore the connection between writing and reading. How can writing support reading and learning? What is the current state of literacy in America? Special guests: Steve Graham, Warner Professor in the Division of Leadership and Innovation at Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College; and Jennifer Serravallo, speaker, New York Times bestselling author, and literacy consultant.
Past episodes are also available at the iTunes Store:
- Episode One - Writing about Writing
- Episode Two - Authentic Writing
Turnitin is committed to building better writers, with integrity. Turnitin’s formative feedback and originality checking services promote critical thinking, ensure academic integrity, and help students improve their writing. Turnitin provides instructors with the tools to engage students in the writing process, provide personalized feedback, and assess student progress over time. Turnitin is used by more than 30 million students at 15,000 institutions in 140 countries. Backed by Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Norwest Venture Partners, Lead Edge Capital and Georgian Partners, Turnitin is headquartered in Oakland, Calif., with international offices in Newcastle, U.K., Utrecht, Netherlands, Melbourne, Australia, Seoul, Korea, Delhi, India, and throughout Latin America. @Turnitin
iTunes and the iTunes Store are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.
Tags: podcast, writing, writing instruction, education, K12, teaching, student
Tweet: The Written Word podcasts re #writing hosted by @Turnitin. On iTunes or http://turnitin.com/the-written-word/
Summary: Turnitin hosts The Written Word podcasts. Episodes on writing, literacy, collaborative writing, writing in the digital age. Listen on iTunes.