Hour of Code Week December 5-9 on Nepris brings a list of eight (and growing) live, interactive sessions with industry professionals engaging with students around coding and programming. Sessions already scheduled feature coding experts from AT&T, JoyLabz (Makey Makey), Sphero, and Pearson with more companies signing up each day. Topics covered include robotics, SEO, computer science, marketing, and career explorations.
Nepris virtually connects industry professionals with classrooms via online, interactive sessions that bring relevance and real-world application to lesson plans. Students get to ask questions and learn about topics and connect classroom learning to the world at work. Nepris offers a scalable way for schools to help students develop a path to careers in technical fields after graduation or be better prepared to enter college.
Teachers with premium Nepris access can sign up for any or all of the Hour of Code sessions. Teachers wishing to explore can set up a free account to engage with one live virtual session with their students and they may access unlimited pre-recorded sessions, including those from last year’s Hour of Code.
- Hour of Code: FOR TEACHERS 12/5 3:00 p.m. CT - this will review how teachers can bring Hour of Code and programming into the classroom; professional development for educators.
- Hour of Code with an AT&T Software Engineer 12/6 1:00 p.m. CT
- Celebrate CSEd Week With Sphero 12/6 12:00 p.m. CT
- Required Training for a Black-Belt in Digital Marketing 12/7 1:30pm CT
- A Career in Technology Relationships 12/8 10:15 a.m. CT
- Hour of Code with an AT&T Software Engineer 12/8 11:00 a.m. CT
- Oh The Things You Can Makey With A Makey Makey 12/8 12:30 p.m. CT
- S’more Coding For Everyone 12/9 10 a.m. CT
- New sessions being added daily at: https://nepris.com/go/hourofcode
Sample: Nepris session When I ask you to think about pizza…
Facts: December 5-9 is Computer Science Week
Tweet: #HourofCode virtual sessions w/ #STEM pros via @NeprisApp Dec 5-9 https://nepris.com/go/hourofcode
Summary: Teachers can sign up for Hour of Code sessions December 5-9 at https://nepris.com/go/hourofcode One session free or unlimited archived sessions from last year. Brings coding alive for students with interactive chats.
Austin-based Nepris provides an online platform to connect companies, professionals, and experts to expand education outreach to classrooms, while providing teachers a way to reach out to and connect with professionals around the world. Over 75,000 students in 2,200 classrooms have been inspired through Nepris, which brings classroom learning to life in STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) and the Arts. The finding, connecting, and meeting occurs online through the Nepris community. Sessions include interactive Q&As with working professionals, virtual field trips, project mentorships, and even live Shark Tanks. See Nepris in action at Nepris.com/webinar or sign-up as a teacher or professional at Nepris.com.