Nepris virtually connects industry professionals with classrooms via online, interactive sessions that bring relevance and real-world application to lesson plans. Students get to ask questions and learn about topics and connect classroom learning to the world at work. Nepris offers a scalable way for schools to help students develop a path to careers in technical fields after graduation or be better prepared to enter college.
Teachers with premium Nepris access can sign up for any or all of the Hour of Code sessions. Teachers wishing to explore can set up a free account to engage with one live virtual session with their students and they may access unlimited pre-recorded sessions, including those from last year’s Hour of Code.
- All About the Fox - Mozilla & the Mission for a Healthy Internet, Dec. 4 11:00 a.m. ET
- Learn to Code & Conquer the World, Dec. 4 1:30 p.m. ET
- Careers for Creative Collaboration with Robots, Dec. 5 2:00 p.m. ET
- Why Student Robotics Teams are Awesome!, Dec. 5 5:15 p.m. ET
- Video Games & Graphics, Dec. 6 1:00 p.m. ET
- Intro to Computer Science & Coding. Dec 6 3:30 p.m. ET
- Operating Systems and Storage Technologies, Dec. 7 10:00 a.m. ET
- Get Inspired, Get Coding, & Get Creative with Sphero, Dec 8 Noon ET
- An Hour of Code with AT&T Software Engineers, Dec 8 2:15 p.m. ET
Sample: Nepris session When I ask you to think about pizza…
Facts: December 4-8 is Computer Science Week
Tweet: #HourofCode virtual sessions w/ #STEM pros via @NeprisApp Dec 4-8 http://bit.ly/nepris-code17
Summary: Teachers can sign up for Hour of Code sessions December 4-8 at http://bit.ly/nepris-code17 One session free or unlimited archived sessions from last year. Brings coding alive for students with interactive chats.
Austin-based Nepris provides an online platform to connect companies, professionals, and experts to expand education outreach to classrooms, while providing teachers a way to reach out to and connect with professionals around the world. Over 75,000 students in 2,200 classrooms have been inspired through Nepris, which brings classroom learning to life in STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) and the Arts. The finding, connecting, and meeting occurs online through the Nepris community. Sessions include interactive Q&As with working professionals, virtual field trips, project mentorships, and even live Shark Tanks. See Nepris in action at Nepris.com/webinar or sign-up as a teacher or professional at Nepris.com.