“We gain so much from collaborating with other institutions that use TeamDynamix for project and service management,” said Ray V. Lefebvre, VP of IT and CIO, Bridgewater State University. “Campuses face unique support issues, ranging from connected classrooms to distance learning, from supporting campus infrastructure to troubleshooting student connectivity issues. The TeamDynamix Summit allows us to learn from hundreds of peers, share best practices, network and gain insights to future developments.”
TeamDynamix is organizing this panel discussion so that IT professionals can share ideas and learn from one another. “The higher ed environment is significantly different from the corporate world with regards to collaboration,” said C.J. Wimley, TeamDynamix CEO. “Campuses freely share what they’ve learned about best practices, implementation, roadblocks, and support. We encourage that knowledge sharing and process improvement, and with this live broadcast, we’re extending the opportunity beyond our own user base to other schools as well.”
The live broadcast of this CIO panel discussion presents a valuable opportunity to understand the challenges and solutions adopted by different professionals in varied settings.
- Monday, May 15, at 2:00 pm CST
- Register here to attend the live broadcast
- “Finding Opportunity: Growth & Vision for Higher Ed CIOs” Panel featuring:
- Moderator Ian Khan, Futurist, TEDx Speaker, PMP
- Param Bedi, CIO, Bucknell University, a private liberal arts college in Lewisburg, PA
- Ray V. Lefebvre, VP of IT and CIO, Bridgewater State University, a public liberal arts college in Bridgewater, MA
- Kenneth Libutti, CIO, Palm Beach State College, a public college located in Palm Beach County, FL that also emphasizes distance e-learning
- Tom Pagano, CIO, Johnson County Community College, a public college in Overland Park, KS
- Supporting students, faculty, and staff with increasing classroom technology demands, multiple devices per student, multiple campuses, distance learning
- Resource optimization & talent management
- Communicating the value of IT and how to move beyond being order takers to being valued strategic partners
- Key building blocks for a Project Management Office which can expand the discipline of well-managed projects across campus in various areas, particularly for cross-functional use
- Creating an ITIL culture which drives implementation of best practices in IT service management
- Building a personal network and leveraging peer collaboration with other universities and departments
- Q&A from audience members at the TeamDynamix Client Summit
Read recent articles by two of the panelists: Param Bedi discusses how to move towards a smarter use of IT resources in EdScoop, and Ray Lefebvre writes about communicating IT’s value to key stakeholders in The EdAdvocate.
TeamDynamix cloud-based work management software gives service organizations in higher education the ability to align, work together, and simplify their work management processes. TeamDynamix transforms IT from order taker to strategic innovator. Colleges and universities use TeamDynamix project portfolio and service management to simplify, collaborate, and work. More at TeamDynamix.com, @TDXBuzz, LinkedIn
Note to Media: This broadcast provides an excellent opportunity to hear directly from several higher ed CIOs. In addition to sharing the news with your readers, please plan to attend yourself. We will facilitate further discussions with the panelists as desired.
Tweet: CIO panel #highered tech solutions + challenges. Free live broadcast @TDXBuzz #TDXSummit17 May 15 2:00 CT http://bit.ly/2nKtLpm
Summary: TeamDynamix invites CIOs to a free online Livestream of a higher ed CIO panel discussion of managing campus technology, building a talented IT team, creating an ITIL environment, and other solutions to common challenges
Tags: TeamDynamix, TDX, higher education, college, university, IT, ITSM, Project Management, enterprise service management, ITIL, PPM